Day 3 Las Crusas 12/11/2018

First sleep at Las Crusas. Wanted to wake up early so the night before I asked Katie what time I should set my alarm because my phone clock did not update so it was till set for the time at home, I wanted to be ready for breakfast and was just super excited to start the day. So I set my alarm for 4:30. I woke up at 4:00 am because I was pumped to get up and told myself I have to be up in half hour anyway so might as well get up and get ready so I did. I got back to the room and the lady in our room asked me what time i had so I assumed about 6 or so but in reality it wasn't even 4:00 am yet so I woke up about 3 hours before i was supposed to. We had a good laugh about it but was ready anyway! We got up had breakfast then took a tour around the Botanical garden and seen pineapples, bananas, a big spider, red caterpillars, and really pretty birds. Then after we went into the forest to the Rio Java. After we walked back to the station we got out our equipment and set up our station. we had dinner then after dinner we met in the reception area and met with tribal Ngobe members Armando, he is medicine man; Victoria, who is an artist; Celestino, who is a politician and Noris who is a biologist. After the exchange Randall brought gifts from home to present to a blanket and sweet grass for Armando. bracelet and sage for Victoria, petrified wood and sweet grass for Noris and sweet grass to Celestine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 Travel to Las Crusas 12/10/2018

Day 0 Costa Rica 12/8/2018